Skilljar is seeking an experienced leader for our Sales Development team (currently all virtual) as we build the Skilljar rocketship! As Sales Development Manager, you will execute on team goals, hire, train, and develop team members, and work closely with the Account Executive team, demand gen/marketing, and other various executives to increase efficiencies and improve SDR processes and systems. The manager will empower, lead, mentor and guide the team to achieving daily/weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline goals, improve process efficiencies and deliver on other well-defined objectives.
We’re looking for a motivated, process-inspired self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be forward-thinking, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating growth-stage startup that has hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- A leader; you encourage your team, as well as of cross-functional partners
- A mentor; you care deeply about the success of your reps and managers providing mentorship for your employees
- A quantitative process problem solver; you recognize the importance of using numbers to make decisions, are comfortable testing/optimizing, see productivity as a combination of process/technology, and understand how to implement campaigns and programs
- A communicator; you’re authentic, sought after for addressing issues in a way that leads to increased engagement, and you're excellent at celebrating wins/progress
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems
- Provide motivation and direction for your team to achieve their meeting and pipeline goals across multiple customer segments and territories.
- Use data to guide performance and drive efficiency improvements
- Partner with Marketing to define integrated campaigns that drive qualified meetings / opportunities
- Establish metrics and helping the team improve by understanding their performance
- Help to create a fun, high energy environment - even in a digital world!
- 2+ years of experience leading Sales Development teams
- Successful use of key funnel metrics to improve and accelerate team performance
- Consistent record to ramp sales reps over time in a systematic way - development of a training program focused on product, process & selling skills.
- Experience selling into mid-market B2B companies strongly preferred (5 or 6 digit annual contracts, consultative solution selling through committees).
- Excellent understanding of inbound & outbound prospecting technologies, tools, and managed services vendors.
- An ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing, and finance.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change - high growth startup experience strongly preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.