The Sr. CSM will be working directly with our enterprise or strategic accounts to enable them to successfully adopt Skilljar to achieve business goals. This individual should be a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. The Sr. CSM must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on their feet.
The Sr. CSM is a "Senior Individual Contributor" level Customer Success professional characterized in the following ways:
- Is an experienced generalist or specialist (5+ years)
- Has responsibilities such as, but not limited to, developing and leading strategic plans and analyzing business information to create complex Success Plans for strategic accounts, developing and streamlining operational Playbooks and processes and developing best-practice training for the Customer Success team.
- Proactively manage customer relationships from launch hand-off through renewal and the entire lifecycle of the customer.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each customer’s business goals, initiatives, and use cases to support their short and long term business goals based on their unique use cases.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews to consult on strategic initiatives, provide guidance on program strategy, and review training metrics.
- Act as point of escalation when required and help manage customer expectations
- Identify new expansion opportunities through customer engagements
- Work cross departmentally with sales and other cross functional teams to drive better collaboration and customer experience
- Identify and communicate trends and insights relating to your customer base to senior leaders.
- Log, monitor and report on the health/risk of each customer. Identify approach and recommendations for escalated accounts.
- Understand use cases and provide subscriptive guidance on how Skilljar can be leveraged to meet and exceed business goals.
- Monitor the customer’s progress towards achieving their KPI’s.
- Diagnose root causes and recommend corrective actions, if the customer is not achieving KPI targets.
- Identify appropriate stakeholders. Establish and own the executive relationship and drive connections with all key stakeholders within an account.
- Develop strong relationships with customers as their trusted advisor throughout their entire lifecycle to create customer advocates/champions.
- Maintain close partnership with the customer’s team to achieve their short and long term business goals based on their unique use cases.
- Act as an ongoing Program Manager. Ensure that a plan is in place with each customer for deployment, change management and adoption programs.
- Align customer’s program roadmap with Skilljar’s product development roadmap to ensure success.
- Collect customer product requests and contribute to agile prioritization through Skilljar’s development process.
- Provide ongoing recommendations and serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Partner with a dedicated Account Manager to provide visibility to customer status and insight into expansion opportunities.
- Partner with internal support team to ensure all customer-facing support and service issues are resolved.
- 5+ years in a customer success or account management role, preferably in an enterprise SaaS environment.
- Experience managing enterprise accounts.
- Proven ability to interact with and drive projects at C-level, VP, and Director client levels, collaborate with customers, and to set and manage expectations.
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts to provide high-level guidance with implementation and solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a broad range of external and internal teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, web conference, and in writing.
- Understanding of enterprise level information systems (ERP, CRM, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment. Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.