Skilljar is seeking a versatile Infrastructure Engineering Manager to join our fast-growing team. This person will be a technical manager with experience in system administration, cloud hosting, build and release pipelines, scripting & automation, etc. As the manager of our DevOps/Infrastructure team, you will support a growing team of engineers focused on optimizing, evolving, and scaling our cloud infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, and monitoring/alerting infrastructure. A small organization mentality is critical for success in this position: a hardworking can-do attitude, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with other engineering teams.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Lead a team of 4-6 dedicated DevOps/Infrastructure engineers responsible for handling all aspects of mission-critical systems.
- Hire, mentor, and grow DevOps/Infrastructure engineers
- Drive process and service improvements, and improve day-to-day operational efficiency.
- Participate in incident management to resolve outages and communicate with external providers and internal teams.
- Help build and support best in class solutions for Skilljar’s Heroku & AWS cloud infrastructure, including:
- CI/CD pipeline
- Application hosting infrastructure
- Data storage and management
- Logging, monitoring and alarming
- Own and maintain cloud services usage and performance dashboards and metrics
- Own and maintain infrastructure scalability plans
- Research and adapt new infrastructure/hosting technologies, tools, and standard methodologies
- At least 3 years of experience managing or leading a DevOps/Infrastructure engineering team
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps/Infrastructure supporting web applications on Heroku or AWS
- Working experience with Linux systems administration
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience supporting and integrating log management tools, application monitoring services and alarming services such as Cloudwatch, ELK, New Relic, VictorOps or PagerDuty.
- Experience with Scripting (bash, Python, etc.) and familiarity with Linux account and system administration
- Knowledgeable on DevOps standard methodologies.
- Self-motivated and collaborative teammate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.