Skilljar is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing Engineering team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our products. We’re looking for someone with a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. In addition, you will be joining a rapidly growing team, where you will have a direct impact on our engineering processes and product.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
We're lucky to have great training professionals amongst our customer base. To respect our relationships with our customers, we discourage our direct customers from applying.
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects by identifying, resolving and mitigating risk and communicating to stakeholders.
- Provides technical solutions to detail certain aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities.
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products or new product directions.
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents.
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineering team members and continuously provide technical guidance to other engineers.
- At least 5 years of experience building web applications at scale using Rails, Django, or some equivalent MVC framework.
- Working experience delivering high-quality product features, with excellent judgment on balancing time-to-market and scalability.
- Working experience as a full stack engineer, delivering full end-to-end features.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable delivering product features & enhancements in an agile approach.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.