Skilljar is seeking a technical manager to join our fast-growing engineering organization. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day management and enablement of the Professional Services and Technical Support teams in direct support of our customers. We’re looking for someone with a successful track record building and leading highly efficient & collaborative technical support and service delivery teams in an agile development environment.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
We're lucky to have great training professionals amongst our customer base. To respect our relationships with our customers, we discourage our direct customers from applying.
- Manage a team of 6-9 software development engineers focusing on professional services engagements and technical support.
- Participate in hiring, onboarding, and mentoring software development engineers into these teams.
- Take an active role in developing (coaching & mentoring) engineers on the team to help them reach their full potential.
- Review solutions and provide technical guidance to team members on design & implementation approaches.
- Support Professional Services engagements with customers.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- 2+ years of supervisory/people management experience in a software Technical Services and Support team.
- 5+ years of experience working on or supporting SaaS web applications.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a dynamic environment with a rapidly expanding feature set.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, testing, and deployment.
- US work authorization and criminal background checks are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.