Skilljar is the first cloud-based learning software purpose-built for Customer Education. Unlike traditional learning management systems, Skilljar’s platform is built with the end customer in mind and used by the most customer-centric companies in the world including Slack, Intercom, Zendesk, Tableau, Outreach, Spotify & U-Haul. Our Co-founders hail from the CEO factory that is Amazon and we’ve been pegged as one of the fastest-growing startups in Seattle.
The stars are lining up and we’re experiencing triple-digit growth with best in class customer retention metrics. As we scale the business, we are looking for a Director of Sales with a track record of success in SaaS to lead our team of Account Executives at our Seattle HQ. The right person has a passion for scaling high-performance teams, hiring great people, and coaching them to their fullest potential. They’re also willing to roll up their sleeves and drive deals, create selling tools, and new sales strategies to drive an increase in Outbound pipeline creation and conversion.
In this role, you will own exceeding quarterly/annual sales targets as well as growing a sales team. As the Director of Sales, we’re looking for someone who values execution above all else combined with building a great sales culture & working cross-functionally on key company initiatives.
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in client/prospect meetings & demos. Work cross-functionally alongside other company resources as required.
- Recruit, onboard and enable the brightest sales talent in Seattle.
- Create an environment of “continuous learning” across the AE team and lead quarterly training sessions to increase tactical sales execution skills.
- Help us continue to scale and uplevel our “Outbound Sales” motion and create. accountability mechanisms to ensure the appropriate level of alignment and activity to meet pipeline creation goals.
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and coach direct reports on ideal strategies to drive closure and next steps on active sales opportunities.
- Play a key role in creating an office environment where people work hard, learn & have at least a little bit of fun too while we do it.
- Lead and inspire through periods of experimentation and ambiguity; we’re a fast-growing startup so change is part of the day to day.
- Able to think horizontally while collaborating with other leaders across the business to drive results (including Account Development, Marketing & Finance).
- 4+ years of individual contributor, quota-carrying SaaS sales experience.
- 2+ years of quota-carrying AE sales management experience (preferably Inside Sales).
- Ability to work from our headquarters daily in downtown Seattle.
- Experience leading teams of direct reports in a fast-paced SaaS startup environment.
- Infectiously positive attitude and energetic approach to each day (Sales is as much about the head as it is the heart).
- Track record of building and hiring high-performance teams from scratch without the help of outside recruiting resources.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in-person), including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent years of related work experience (7+).
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
We're disrupting the $130 billion corporate training market with our modern, easy-to-use, enterprise training platform. Our inbound customer demand has been phenomenal and we are beginning to scale up for growth. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and we enjoy team lunches and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.