Skilljar is seeking a talented and passionate Product/User Experience Designer to join our fast-growing team. As the sole Product Experience Designer, you will have a tremendous impact on our business and lead the design direction for our customer-facing course platform, content management tools, and analytics dashboard. You will work side-by-side with engineers, product managers, and executives to create amazing products that delight our customers. In addition, you will be joining a small but rapidly growing team of engineers, product managers, and marketing where your decisions will have a direct impact on the product.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter who is comfortable owning and driving the development of new features and services, and has a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Design interactive UX solutions from whiteboard sessions to wireframes to prototype mockups to finished high-resolution visual designs.
- Creatively solve complex user interaction and visual design problems.
- Using user-centered design, help to define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product.
- Build rapid prototypes for user testing, conduct user research with our customers, and synthesize results for the Product team.
- Work with Product and Engineering to ensure a smooth handoff and implementation.
- At least 3+ years of designing web and mobile responsive user experiences, ideally for a B2B SaaS product.
- Comfortable working in Sketch, Adobe CS, or other modern design tools and the ability to create low, mid, and high-fidelity mock-ups that are ready for development.
- Knowledgeable of best practices for user-centered design, UX principles and techniques, information architecture, and user interface web patterns.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with product managers and developers in an agile and highly-collaborative environment.
- Some familiarity with modern web development frameworks and libraries.
- Ability to conduct usability studies and perform user research.
- Strong time management skills with the aptitude to work independently on a project start to finish.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.