The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a primary contact for all technical matters regarding your portfolio of assigned accounts. You will be a trusted SingleStore technical expert for your customers and be their advocate within SingleStore. You will provide proactive technical guidance, coaching, and best practices with the goal of adoption, usage, and renewal. You’ll also focus on minimizing and avoiding technical issues that may impact your customers through frequent architecture analysis and review. . Additionally, you will align your action plans with the business goals of your customers and leverage your technical skills, and resources across the company to ensure the customer is getting the most value from SingleStore and successfully achieving their business goals.
To accomplish these objectives, you will meet regularly with US and Canada-based customers to track and address ongoing issues, action items, feature requests, and improvements. Utilizing a deep understanding of your customer’s environment, and business timelines you will assist with technical support and escalations, provide consistent updates and technical details to customers, and drive issues to closure by working with SingleStore Support, Engineering, and Product Management teams. As a member of the Customer Account Management Team, you will act as a secondary point of contact for other TAMs’ and CSM’s accounts as part of a cohesive and collaborative team culture.
The candidate must be available to work and travel without restriction across the US and Canada.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will become a technical expert on SingleStore database and related configurations and infrastructure - including understanding of how the product is designed and operates in various cloud configurations as well as installed on-premise as a Self-Managed architecture
- Meet regularly with senior customer contacts at assigned accounts - on a regular cadence, or as needed for special topics and discussions
- Build a direct relationship with the customer’s senior technical leadership and develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s database environment (become their Trusted Advisor)
- Provide proactive and reactive support on technical issues, in coordination with SingleStore Support
- Lead organized “Get Well” efforts on specific customer escalation projects - bringing customers to steady state and positive sentiment
- Be the voice of the customer to all functional teams inside SingleStore
- Follow defined hand-off procedures to Account Management when customer expansion opportunities are identified
- Prevent issues before they arise with proactive planning, regularly scheduled technical reviews, and, at times, on-site visits
- Proactively produce support communications for customers on recent security alerts, product releases, and new product information
- Make use of cross-functional resources within SingleStore (Professional Services, Product Management, Account Management, etc.) to address customers’ business and technical needs, such as: system health checks, product sizing, migration assistance, etc.
- Manage and drive closure on customers’ open support cases, product bugs, enhancement requests, and action items.
- For new support cases, understand issues and next steps and follow up to assure they are getting the attention they deserve
- Stay current and advise customer on any new product versions, upgrades, etc. on the roadmap that may benefit their environment
- Forsee and identify issues and opportunities, and work with the appropriate team internally to close them.
Required Skills and Experience
- Preferred: Bachelors or MS in a quantitative or computer science/engineering field
- 5+ years of hands-on enterprise database software usage or support - as a DBA, user, consultant, architect, or support role using MySQL, PostgresSQL, SQL Server, RDS, MariaDB, MongoDB or similar
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role preferably in a customer support organization with experience debugging, troubleshooting and tuning for performance
- Demonstrated success managing critical, urgent, high stakes customer situations in enterprise IT Cloud and Self Managed environments.
- Positive, proactive customer obsessed attitude - including patience with new users
- Flexibility and willingness to serve a global customer base across timezones
- Deep understanding of customer business model to identify growth and expansion of usage in existing and potential new use cases
- Easy rapport to build trusted and friendly customer relationships - business, technical, management up to C-level
- Availability and willingness to attend customer calls on both EST and PST timezones
- Organizational maturity and communication skills to influence and operate across internal product and engineering teams to advocate for customers
- Excellent project management and task-tracking skills - PMP certification is a plus
- Proficiency in understanding real-time use cases and architectures - data ingest, and analytical/BI consumption
- Customer obsession, patience, and can-do positive helper attitude for customer learning and challenges
- Proven record of success in coordinating with cross-functional teams and managing project/action plans with a high degree of urgency, professionalism, and collaboration.
- Excellent customer communications skills, and ability to convey technical concepts and details in a way that is easily consumed by all levels of customer and SingleStore colleagues
- Technical familiarity with data storage and cloud technologies and protocols such as Kafka, S3, Monitoring/Observability (Data Dog, Grafana), security, encryption, Kubernetes, TCP/IP networking, virtualization, data backup/archive, public/private/ hybrid cloud, DR, HA, CDC, Replication, Backup/Restore
- Experience with network troubleshooting and a basic understanding of network storage protocols
- Linux OS and System Administration experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM & case management
- Ability to work and learn independently is a key attribute that is required for this role.
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be up to date with the current CDC guidelines for their vaccinations with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
SingleStore values individuals for their unique skills and experiences, and we’re proud to offer roles in a variety of locations across the United States. Salary is based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location, and is just one part of our total compensation and benefits package. Certain roles are also eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases and annual bonuses.
Our benefits package for this role includes: stock options, flexible paid time off, monthly three-day weekends, 14 weeks of fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, mental health counseling, 401(k) retirement plan, and rich health insurance offerings—including medical, dental, vision and life and disability insurance.
SingleStore’s base salary range for this role, if based in California, Colorado, Washington, or New York City is: $125,000 - $193,000 USD per year