Hybrid Role - Required to work from an office 3-4 number of days per week
Cloud Sales Engineers at SingleStore are solving some of the most cutting-edge technical challenges in today’s data-driven world. When customers evaluate SingleStore, Sales Engineers are their trusted technical experts who help evaluate, identify, and demonstrate how SingleStore can solve their data-intensive challenges in the cloud. As key contributors to our sales organization, Sales Engineers add tremendous value to the customer journey and directly impact company growth and revenue.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with Account Executives to close new business (logos), expand existing accounts and accelerate the growth of SingleStore in North America.
- Design, develop, and deploy Proofs of Concept (POCs) with prospective customers
- Understand cloud database architecture and various integration points with application development frameworks and analytics tools
- Drive the technical evaluation stage of the sales cycle, acting as the technical lead/subject-matter expert (query tuning, load testing, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role.
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences using slides and demos.
- Familiarity and experience with Big Data concepts and workflow such as ETL, streaming, warehousing, analytics, etc.
- Hands-on expertise with SQL, Kafka, AWS S3
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology, preferably cloud-native (e.g. Snowflake, Aurora, Redshift).
- Company Wide
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- In office catered lunches and monthly Grubhub credit
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock Options
- Country Specific (if applicable)
As employees are located in many countries around the world, some benefits may differ from country to country. In all cases, we do our best to provide equitable perks and benefits across our locations.
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens,
embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Single Database for All Data-Intensive Applications.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.