At SingleStore we're not just building a database company, we are defining the future of data management. We believe that every company should have a holistic view over all their data and the Managed Service team is responsible for making this possible. We are looking for people to join us in building a hybrid cloud control plane which autonomously manages high-performance SingleStore databases on behalf of our customers.
Joining us as a Senior Software Engineer, you will focus on optimizing the customer lifecycle and ensuring that we deliver a world-class user experience. We believe that data management software doesn't need to be purely functional or boring; our investment in interaction and design will pay dividends down the road. Your role will include working closely with our Product and Design teams as we build the world's first operational database in the cloud. You'll also be responsible for running experiments and collecting data on these, while being an integral part of our design process.
Here are some articles about the frontend work we've recently done at SingleStore:
We have also written an article about our interview process for this position recently, but keep in mind that this loop is changed every now and then.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with product managers, designers, customers, and other engineers to ensure we deliver a high-quality experience
- Develop a world-class control plane responsible for providing an innovative operational analytics solution in the cloud
- Proactively contribute to the team's engineering process to assist with our ability to scale and deliver projects on time
- Mentor less experienced engineers and contribute to a welcoming team environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with the modern web development toolchain including: React, TypeScript/Flow, browser quirks, asset packaging, networking
- 5+ years of experience working on a SaaS product
- Intellectual curiosity about investigating issues that impact business metrics
- Passion for building high-quality products that are robust and easy to maintain in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.