Senior Professional Services Architect
MemSQL Professional Services Team is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers, acting as the subject matter experts for our product and providing consulting expertise for the integration and operation of MemSQL. The Professional Services Architect will be responsible for hands-on product implementations with new and existing customers, ensuring a world-class customer experience. The successful individual will be able to carry on deep discussions with customers' front-line technical experts as well as have high-level, business talks with senior executives.
As an organization, we’ve hit an inflection point making this an exciting time to be at MemSQL. Given the continued growth of our business, it’s critical that we implement scalable tools and best practices to effectively scale the organization. This position will play a key role product implementations and will contribute to the processes that will help take the company to the next level.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with customers to gain an understanding of both their technical and business requirements
- Execute on design and deployment plans to successfully implement MemSQL into new customer environments
- Follow best practices when deploying MemSQL, ensuring a consistent and positive customer experience
- Help build and deploy the next generation of database management platform that automates tasks, provisioning/deprovisioning, analytics, and instrumentation across 1,000s of nodes
- Evangelize best practices by educating customers and becoming their trusted advisor, providing an overall business solution
- Develop artifacts that document the solution architecture, operations plan, including metrics and runbook procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in RDBMS databases such as Oracle, Sybase, etc
- Deep experience and understanding of complex applications, distributed systems, and custom technology deployments in a variety of customer environments
- Proficiency in SQL, Linux, and scripting languages
- Firm understanding of database administration, database architecture, and distributed systems
- Experience working in the modern data infrastructure space: RDBMS, Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and/or “Big Data” technology
- Firm understanding of how to provide technology leadership to influence large enterprise customers
- Strong customer-focus mindset, with a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet customer deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time, including both U.S. and international travel
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of automation principles and techniques
- Experience designing solutions that solve modern operational problems using DevOps tools such as Kubernetes, Grafana, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience operating databases and distributed systems in large enterprise environments
- Experience with other technologies like Kafka, etc
MemSQL is The No-Limits Database™ powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance at the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze, and act on data in order to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware. Visit memsql.com or follow us @memsql.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.