The SingleStore Data & Analytics Innovation team is committed to empowering the world with frictionless data and analytics, removing barriers and extending the reach of SingleStore through forward-looking, world-class engineering in a connected world.
SingleStore is the unified database for fast analytics. More and more data are generated at the edge and need to be processed and analyzed at the edge. By embedding SingleStore technology in devices, on small compute platforms, and in co-located data centers, you reimagine the distributed database.
As a senior software engineer on the innovation team, you will work with small and collaborative teams to ideate, explore, research, implement and productize advanced technologies for data and analytics. You will work hand in hand with the SingleStore engineering team to build systems software in a rapid production environment. You will be empowered and accountable to leverage technical excellence, leadership and problem-solving skills in the support of innovation that helps customers and partners of SingleStore to achieve more.
As a senior software engineer working on the SingleStore Edge project, you have the following Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, contribute and participate in innovation projects from research, ideation, incubation, to scale and production
- Lead innovation for major software components, systems, and features.
- Design and develop edge-to-cloud systems to enhance database performance with good throughput and low latency.
- Design and develop new systems as well as apply and enhance existing frameworks.
- Own complex features from specification to production, as assigned
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge transfer within the company
- Be a champion of innovation culture, work hand-in-hand with Engineering and closely with multiple departments such as Sales, Marketing, and G&A.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- At least four years of experience developing and debugging in system level C/C++, particularly on Linux
- Experience with streaming data (CEP, windowing functions, continuous queries, pattern matching)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Linux kernel development, ARM processors, x86 assembly, database internals, file systems, performance optimization, embedded systems, compiler optimizations, compilers for accelerators, GPUs.
- Experience and passion for developing cloud-native software (Golang, K8s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.