Enterprises use SingleStore Managed Service to solve some of the most cutting-edge technical challenges in today's data-driven world. When a customer or partner comes to SingleStore the training team is responsible for making sure that they are successful with our product.
As Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for designing instructional experiences for SingleStore customers. You will design instruction for self-paced (eLearning), in-person instructor-led classrooms, and virtual classrooms. You will participate in the development and review of this curriculum. You will also work with the Head of Training Programs to develop education strategies for SingleStore customers. You are passionate about education, and you understand how adults learn technology.
- Design and develop effective, instructionally sound, and technically accurate training products for in-person instructor-led, virtual classroom, and self-paced training.
- Perform job/task analysis for SingleStore DB, and SingleStore Managed Service products in order to define customer training needs.
- Design learning products that conform to adult and technology learning best practices and address the needs identified in a job/task analysis.
- Constantly improve the design of learning products based on the latest research in technical training and adult education.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop training needs analysis.
- Work with subject matter experts for reviews of training product designs.
- Work with subject matter experts and psychometricians to develop certification items that are fair and correctly judge a candidate's skill and knowledge of SingleStore products.
- Review and critique the training materials that others on the curriculum team develop.
- Mentor others on developing training content.
- With the other members of the team, maintain source control for all training materials.
- With the other members of the team, track issues in training materials and drive their resolution.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of best practices in instructional design and the latest research in adult learning methodologies.
- Knowledge of the job/task analysis process.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Experience writing items for certification exams.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly and to design and develop clear and accurate training materials on them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact frequently with program managers, developers, engineers, and other curriculum developers for the purpose of gaining and clarifying technical knowledge of our products.
- Ability to manage versions and revisions across multiple curriculum projects.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands.
- 5+ years of instructional design experience in a technical environment.
- Experience designing instruction for electronic delivery, either synchronous or asynchronous.
- Experience designing instruction for in-person delivery.
- Four-year college degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Able to provide a portfolio of instructional material that you have designed.
- Dedication to customer success.
- Handles details accurately and in a timely manner.
- Uses good judgment and tact.
- Working knowledge of SQL and UNIX utilities (scp, ssh, grep, vi, ps, etc.) a plus.
- Experience using Articulate 360, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
A small amount of travel may be required, not more than 10%.
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.