We aim to improve the World by using data and AI.
The Data Science Team at Sertis works on some of the most interesting problems in a variety of different industries such as Retail, FMCG, Manufacturing, Energy, Finance, Telco and Healthcare providing world-class data science solutions to our clients.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager who can provide profound quantitative and qualitative insights around product use, quality, and performance of the user experience across a variety of touch-points and data sets.
The Data science manager responsibilities also liaise with stakeholders across organizations to understand the goals of developing new and existing projects; identify opportunities to extract value from datasets to produce innovative solutions, and solve focused analytical problems; develop a data strategy and own the end-to-end execution.
Most importantly will provide leadership for the Data Science team. Our Manager will be responsible for providing direction, mentorship and guidance to a team of data scientists and engineers to guarantee their professional and technical development, as well as to foster continuous improvement of the team’s code, architecture, and agile processes.
Your ultimate goal will be to help build our Data Science team and help improve our projects and business decisions by making the most out of our data.
Our Data Science Team Manager(you) will:
- Manage, inspire, motivate and lead a team of exceptional data scientists
- Set goals (individual and team), manage performance, provide career coaching for mid and senior scientists to the point of promotion
- Leverage your strong data science experience consisting of having delivered multiple data science projects end to end.
- Provide technical guidance at a higher level to ensure quality of delivery and technical excellence.
- Develop, facilitate and drive team and company wide initiatives such as data science and software best practices, ways of working and innovation initiatives
- Oversee and guide the data scientists to successfully deliver on team goals
- Work directly with clients to help them identify the right problems and then solve them through data science
- Work directly with internal and external (client) stakeholders, constantly challenging solutions to identify opportunities
What you will need:
- Academic degree in mathematics, scientific, technical or other relevant field
- Experience in leading a technical team, career coaching, goal setting, and giving positive and constructive feedback
- Understand and experience of the full data science process from gathering client requirements through to model deployment, monitoring and continuous improvement
- Team first mentality and a servant leadership approach to coaching and managing
- Approachable, open, fun loving and an all round awesome person!
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management
- We work at the frontier of innovation in the AI industry
- Your chance to work on meaningful products that solve and improve real-life problems and challenges
- Attractive WFH Policy
- Up early or slow starter in the morning? We have flexible office hours
- OKR-driven workplace; We provide direction, not orders and give you the autonomy to deliver your best work
- Mentorship programs for every level; from executive-level coaching to fresh grad
- We run like a startup, and embrace the adventure; we focus on getting things done, while still having a down to earth and informal culture.
- Get to work and learn from the best in the industry, and share your ideas with like-minded individuals
Because we cultivate intelligence and learning and help people grow beyond their potential.
This is your chance to build your career in a growing data driven industry. We seek passion and ambition to turn data into action!