Senda Biosciences, Inc. is committed to bringing life-changing treatments to patients by harnessing nature’s code to program human cells—both from within and from outside—for targeted, potent, and tunable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes an mRNA engine and the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life—accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines for infectious, genetic, metabolic, and autoimmune diseases, as well as oncology and powering new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines and gene-editing and protein-based therapies. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire a highly motivated Research Associate or Scientist, Molecular Biology to contribute to Senda’s mission of building novel programmable SendRNA medicines. This is an exciting opportunity to be essential part of a team working towards driving an efficient design-build-test cycle of nucleic acids. This position will offer the opportunity to both excel as an individual contributor in your area of expertise and learn from team members in this highly relevant and cutting-edge field.
- Contribute to the design and improvement of nucleic acid and protein sequences.
- Assemble DNA templates, execute in vitro transcription (IVT) and purify mRNA
- Develop and/or execute assays to evaluate functionality of nucleic acid payloads
- Translate DNA assembly and IVT reactions to robotic-based high-throughput work streams
- Manage consumable and reagent inventories
- Maintain a detailed, organized, and updated electronic laboratory notebook
- Work well in a collaborative cross-functional matrix organization
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related field
- Working experience in following molecular biology methods: PCR, gel electrophoresis, restriction and homology-based plasmid cloning and bacterial transformation
- Experience with in silico DNA design software like Geneious or Benchling design modules
- Experience developing or executing high-throughput molecular biology work streams including large-deck liquid handling robots
- Experience with the unique challenges of working with non-DNA nucleic acids like RNA
- Experience generating DNA templates and running in vitro transcription (IVT) and subsequent purification of mRNA
- Experience with nucleic acid analytical methods
- Experience with data and collaboration platform like Benchling
- Experience navigating the challenges associated with high-throughput work streams including sample registration, tracking and storage
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.