About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the Translational Biology group at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting in vivo immunological evaluations of test agents, maintaining cell lines and primary cell cultures, performing ex vivo immunological assays and assisting in assay development of test systems. Further, the candidate will assist in developing cell based and in vivo assays, flow cytometry analysis, and other immunological assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, ELISPOT). This individual will be a key member of Senda Biosciences’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team that combines significant experience in microbiome-based target discovery, microbe-host interactions, drug deployment, and human health to unlock the potential of the company’s core technological platforms. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with senior research staff to design and execute experiments
- Conduct in vivo immunological and pharmacological animal experiments in rodents
- Conduct ex vivo plate/ tube-based experiments
- Work closely and harmoniously with Translational Biology team to drive Senda Biosciences’s exciting platform and science.
- Contribute to team discussions regarding study design, implementations, and data analysis.
- Data analysis for 40+ panel of flow cytometery, analysis and interpretation of single cell RNA seq data
- Stratifying in house sequencing data for analysis, comparison and mining of public databases
- MS in a biology or engineering-related field with 2 year of biotech experience (or BS with 2 years plus of experience)
- Experience with rodent handling (mice and rats)
- Experience with dosing (PO, IV, SQ, IM, IP) and bleeding (tail nicks, submandibular, intracardiac) of mice.
- Experience with various tissue and organ collection from mice
- Experience in data science and Omics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills and familiarity with electronic notebook.
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Familiar with molecular assays: qPCR, electrophoresis, and ELISA
- Familiar with IACUC and compliance requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Fluorescent microscopy
- Flow cytometry
- Immunological assays
- Tumor implantations
- Survival surgery experience
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
- Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.