About Senda Biosciences
Senda Biosciences, Inc. is uniquely positioned to transform human health by harnessing millions of years of evolution to program targeted, potent and tunable medicines. Nature has provided the codes to program human cells – both from within (mRNA) and from outside – from what surrounds them. The trillions of non-human cells in the human ecosystem have evolved natural nanoparticles that precisely shuttle biomolecules into human cells, providing the missing pieces to fully unlock programmable medicines. Senda’s proprietary platform includes the first-ever atlas of nature-derived programmable systems at the molecular level and across all kingdoms of life – accessing the entire code provided by nature required to program cells. With this platform, Senda is developing a new class of SendRNA™ medicines. The unique properties of these medicines create new frontiers for mRNA therapeutics and vaccines for infectious, genetic, autoimmune, and metabolic diseases and oncology indications – with further potential to transform the gene editing and protein-based therapy landscapes as well. Based in Cambridge, MA, Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering. For more information, visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
As a key member of the Senda Biosciences Discovery team, the Computational Biology Scientist (I/II) will enable Senda’s pioneering work to harness nature to build fully programmable SendRNA medicines. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, formulation scientists, and chemists, the Scientist (I/II) will develop and apply computational methods to mine a unique reservoir of data to enable the programming of naturally-derived nanoparticles.
- Serve as an integral member in a cross-disciplinary team driving the advancement of Senda’s Discovery Platform
- Provide support to Senda’s lead preclinical programs
- Participate as a key contributor developing high value components of the Senda Discovery Platform, including but not limited to optimization of mRNA and peptide therapeutics
- Drive forward the development of new methodologies and software to enable the programming of naturally derived nanoparticles.
- Clearly communicate efforts across a team of interdisciplinary colleagues
- Contribute to the culture of scientific excellence at Senda
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Physics, or a related field with 2+ years of experience in industry
- Proficiency in a relevant programming language (g. Python, R) and standard command line tools
- Demonstrated success leading computational aspects of a multidisciplinary team
- History of success in mRNA design/optimization campaigns
- Experience with design and/or analysis of high-throughput molecular screening assays
- Able to successfully balance multiple project efforts
- Firm grasp of modern statistical methods
- Ability to clearly communicate methods and findings across varying levels of technical expertise
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, best practices in data science
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience establishing and evaluating process QCs
- Foundational understanding of common methodologies employed in ‘omics data analysis, especially mass-spectrometry based data
- Experience in protein engineering
- Proficiency performing meta-analyses across datasets with rich metadata
- Demonstrated experience building and using machine learning models to push forward research in the life sciences
- Excellent documentation and experience with version control, containerization and workflow management solutions such as Nextflow, Snakemake, Airflow, or Luigi
- Ability to thrive in a driven organization with evolving goals and deliverables
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.