Senda Biosciences, Inc. is pioneering a new field of medicine called Intersystems Biology. People are a system of systems—both human and non-human. The constant molecular exchange between the hundreds of trillions of human and non-human cells within us, such as plant and bacterial cells, defines life as profoundly as our genetics. Senda is systematically harnessing these powerful molecular exchanges—the product of millennia of co-evolution—to create new classes of programmable medicines. Built on insights from Intersystems Biology, Senda’s X-VIA™ drug development platform is the first-ever atlas of interspecies exchange mechanisms, enabling next-generation nucleic acid, genetic and protein-based therapies. These therapies will enable new frontiers for medicines, such as programmable tissue targeting beyond the liver for nucleic acid, cell, and gene therapies; tunable immunomodulation for both in vivo immune system stimulation and suppression; repeatable dosing of therapeutic modalities that were previously impossible; and multiple routes of administration, including enabling oral routes for large biomolecules for the first time.
Senda was unveiled by Flagship Pioneering in October 2020, and the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Nestlé Health Science in 2021 focused on novel nutritional therapies for a wide range of metabolic conditions. Senda is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, please visit sendabiosciences.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Research Associate/Research Associate II to join the Translational Biology group at Senda Biosciences in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, engineers, data scientists, and chemists, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting in vitro and ex vivo assays immunological evaluations of test agents, maintaining cell lines and primary cell cultures, performing ex vivo assays and assisting in assay development of test systems. Further, the candidate will assist in developing cell based and in vivo assays, flow cytometry analysis, and other immunological assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, ELISPOT). This individual will be a key member of Senda Biosciences’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team that combines significant experience in microbiome-based target discovery, microbe-host interactions, drug deployment, and human health to unlock the potential of the company’s core technological platforms. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health.
- Work with senior research staff to design and execute experiments
- Conduct ex vivo plate/ tube-based experiments
- Work closely and harmoniously with Translational Biology team to drive Senda Biosciences’s exciting platform and science.
- Contribute to team discussions regarding study design, implementations, and data analysis.
- BS with 2 years of relevant experience or MS in a biology or engineering-related field
- In vitro and ex vivo assays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills and familiarity with electronic notebook.
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Familiar with molecular assays: qPCR, electrophoresis, and ELISA
- Preferable not required: flow cytometry, ELISPOT, cell co-culture, molecular biology, MSD, immunological assays
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
- Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.