Senda Biosciences is pioneering the field of Intersystems Biology to create novel treatments for human disease. Intersystems Biology focuses on how molecular connections between botanical, bacterial, and human cells—coevolved over millennia—define health and disease. Senda's Intersytems Biology discovery platform, built using new techniques in machine learning and computational biology, has been able to generate novel, actionable insights into the trillions of interspecies molecular connections in the human body, and harnesses the power of this "pharmacy within us" to enable novel pharmacological approaches. The power of the Senda platform is illustrated by preclinical programs in oncology, neurology, chronic disease, and metabolic disease. Senda was founded by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. To learn more, please visit the company's website at www.sendabiosciences.com
The (Sr.) Research Associate, Discovery Bioanalysis will be primarily responsible to work with Senda’s discovery team to design and execute bioanalytical workflows used in Senda’s discovery engine. This individual will be a key member of Senda’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team.
- Maintain and execute SOPs for sample collection, organization, and processing, including cells, microbial sample, animal and human tissues.
- Design and execute and maintenance of machines for LCMS profiling.
- Collaborate with internal teams to enable addressing their analytical needs.
- Interface with contract research organizations.
- Master’s degree and 1+ years of industrial experience or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years industrial experience in in biochemistry, chemistry, biology or related fields
- Experience with operation and maintenance of LCMS machines.
- Experience in analytical data processing.
- Knowledge of human physiology, microbiology.
- Experience in biological sample preparation for bionalysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping
- Ability and enthusiasm on working in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Experience working in the field of microbiome
- Experience processing samples for other high dimensional readouts including next-generation DNA sequencing and/or proteomics workflows.
- Experience with microbial and/or human cell culture.
- Experience with HPLCs and preparative separation beyond analytical scale. including SPE, Preparative chromatography and fractionation.
- General knowledge on related pharmaceutical functions such as drug metabolism, drug distribution and pharmacokinetics, immunology, toxicology, process development.
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.