As a part of Senda Biosciences’ Research and Discovery platform team, the successful Research Associate candidate will apply experience in sample preparation, sample management, and downstream assays. The candidate will support analysis of biomarkers using a variety of technologies and sample types including stool, plasma, and tissue from mammalian sources. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with Senda Biosciences team members across departments (e.g. Biology, DMPK, and Computational Biology) to develop novel assays and reach Senda’s milestones.
- Perform biospecimen processing, aliquoting, tracking, shipping and receiving
- Maintain biospecimen electronic and physical inventories
- Prepare samples for downstream metabolomic analysis using LCMS platforms
- Measure indicators of immune response using ELISA, MSD, and Luminex
- Support isolation of nucleic acids from experimental tissues for NGS or qPCR
- Maintain a detailed and organized electronic lab notebook
- Support laboratory maintenance including inventory, reagent preparation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, or related discipline with 2+ years of professional experience working in a laboratory environment, or MS degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genomics or related discipline
- Comfortable working with large sample numbers and many biospecimen types
- Familiarity with microbiome-based genomic assays preferred
- Experience in cell-based assays, next-generation sequencing, or metabolomics sample processing preferred
- Enthusiasm for independently conducting laboratory experiments, evaluating and interpreting data, and learning new techniques
- Eager to contribute in a start-up environment while working closely with team members and flexible with changing priorities
Senda Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Senda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.