theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
Do you have 1 to 2 years of experience in sports trading? Are you a sports stats enthusiast and enjoy working with numbers? Are you all about the details? Do you always look out for an edge? Would you like to join one of the fastest growing sportsbooks in North America? Do you have a passion for all sports, including Football, Basketball, and Hockey? Are you comfortable working evenings and weekends?
We are always on the lookout for the best talent to join us on our mission of becoming one of the biggest operators in the world. As a Sportsbook Trader you will be in charge of managing our sportsbook risk, pricing, performance and content. This role requires a highly professional, organized, and enthusiastic individual who is data driven, has a strong interest in sports and sports betting and is willing to push the boundaries to continuously improve our product. If you have an eye for detail, a love of sports and an interest in the sportsbook world then you could be the perfect fit to join us on our mission.
If you don't currently live in Gibraltar or the surrounding area, we are offering a relocation bonus.
Come join the fun here at theScore and take this opportunity to deliver the BEST fan experience! Read below and apply now.
Typical Workday at theScore
- Pre-match and in-play pricing, trading, and promotion of the US and global sports betting products to the widest possible audience.
- Compiling odds for a wide variety of US and global sports betting markets.
- Managing the full lifecycle of Special Markets, from ideation to settlement.
- Monitoring market liabilities.
- Managing customer risk profiles on all digital channels partnering closely with the analytics teams.
- Working with analytics teams to investigate market trends to obtain insight that assists in the prediction of customer betting patterns, and improve revenue.
- Updating futures markets on a regular basis.
- Liaising with Customer Services/Payments/Fraud teams to help identify fraudulent activity.
- Liaising with the marketing team to suggest, evaluate and price potential promotional offers.
- Ensuring all markets are set up with the correct market limits and correctly reviewed through season cycles.
- Compiling and circulating reports to inform stakeholders of business performance and forthcoming activities.
- Contributing to product development and testing to improve customer experience.
- Other duties as required.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in assessing and calculating risk within areas of insurance, finance etc.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field, such as mathematics, business or other fields with analytical discipline, would be an advantage.
- Flexibility is a must as working hours will be dictated by business needs. Must be able to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Strong sports betting and/or trading experience is highly desired.
- Data obsessed, not just data driven, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong all round sports betting knowledge and a keen interest in betting and odds is considered an asset.
- Experience with SQL, Python, Excel VBA is considered an asset.
What We Offer
- Relocation Bonus (reimbursement).
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.