SchoolMint is actively searching for a Sales Development Representative. The Sales Development Representative’s primary goal is to source and nurture new leads and sales opportunities with K-12 school systems nationwide. The role will focus on three key areas: identifying and qualifying sales leads, building and maintaining strong relationships with decision-makers, and supporting the end-to-end sales process to a win. The Sales Development Representative will be a compelling, articulate advocate of the value that SchoolMint provides to schools and families.
The Sales Development Representative is a high-energy, self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and creative problem-solving skills. The SchoolMint Sales Development Representative is comfortable working in a fluid environment, is a team player, is coachable, and has a strong desire to continually learn and improve. To be successful, the role requires self-reliance, grit, and determination to persistently follow up with leads, qualify opportunities, and set up sales success for our rapidly growing venture-backed business. Excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess and record customer opportunities will be critical to success. We're looking for professionals with strong detail orientation, and superior organizational and follow up skills, who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role.
This position is only temporarily remote due to COVID.Key Job Responsibilities
- Identify and generate qualified leads and opportunities for Account Executives
- Achieve quarterly qualified lead generation and opportunity conversion goals set by sales and marketing teams.
- Make a high volume of daily emails and phone calls to decision makers.
- Hand-off qualified leads to Account Executive for a sales presentation and product demo.
- Use, maintain, and manage all prospect and lead data in Salesforce.com
- Become a credible resource to and develop trusted relationships with K-12 school administrators and decision makers.
- Maintain up to date and extensive knowledge of all SchoolMint product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings, and marketing materials. Effectively communicate SchoolMint’s value propositions to key decision makers.
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor’s product offerings.
- Create and refine prospecting and selling strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with the SchoolMint team.
- Maintain strong relationships with marketing and sales teams through clear communication and follow-up.
- Participate on projects teams as needed to support Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- Some travel to industry trade shows or user group meetings may be required
Our ideal candidate
- You have 1+ years of previous work experience.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- You are highly motivated by cold calling, asking probing questions and gathering information.
- You are entrepreneurial and independent with the ability to challenge and inspire the SchoolMint team and customers.
- You have the organizational skills to balance and prioritize a high volume of tasks and objectives on a daily basis.
- You are proactive and self-reliant, and at the same time have a “team first” mentality.
- You are tenacious and persistent and are energizing by hitting goals and deadlines and winning/closing deals.
- You love experimenting and finding better/faster ways to do things.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and understand the need to track everything you do.
- You can pick up the phone and talk to anyone, about anything, at any time.
- You like to have fun at work!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, and Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Commuter Benefits and FSA
- Educational Assistance Program
- Conferences and Meet-ups
- Lunch Program