Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
As a Senior Digital Designer at Samsara you will be responsible for upleveling our digital, user-facing communications including designing new web pages, evolving our web design systems and styles, creating digital assets (illustrations, icons, and animations) and improving the mobile experience of Samsara.com. Portfolios without urls of past work will not be considered.
In this role, you will:
- Be an expert in the digital space with a focus on web design
- Collaborate with the marketing and events teams to take projects from concept to production
- Present design solutions to stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Mentor junior designers on best practices in web design and design systems.
- Reports to Creative Director
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch, and Invision
- Experience leading medium to large web projects from end to end
- Experience with detailed file handoffs to web developers
- A gifted storyteller who can balance design and aesthetics with business goals
- A willing collaborator who is comfortable in either lead or contributor roles
- Experience designing responsive sites for desktop and mobile
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoys a wide variety of projects
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.