Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is a leading enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) platform that brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food production, energy, and water. We are looking for a Senior Communication Designer to help tell the Samsara story across different mediums.
Communications Design at Samsara is responsible for helping prospective customers learn about our products, understand our vision, and develop trust and affinity for our brand. You'll touch all of our digital user-facing communications, including our website, product tours, videos, advertising, and creative campaigns. You'll also see your work in physical mediums, from our product packaging to printed brochures, collateral, and trade show exhibitions. We are open to candidates ranging from Mid-Level to Senior in experience.
The Senior Communications Designer will:
- Work in multiple disciplines including print, digital, and environmental
- Collaborate with the marketing and events teams to take projects from concept to production
- Manage scheduling and coordination of projects
- Present design solutions to stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Mentor junior staff
- Reports to Creative Director
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch, and Invision
- Knowledge of html/css
- Experience with detailed file handoffs to print vendors and web developers
- A gifted storyteller who can balance design and aesthetics with business goals
- A willing collaborator who is comfortable in either lead or contributor roles
- Experience designing responsive sites for desktop and mobile
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoys a wide variety of projects
- Video/animation experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.