Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta and London. We are looking for a highly experienced individual to join our team as a Manager, Collections in our Atlanta, GA office (will consider remote for the right candidate). In this role, you’ll need to be a partner to the business and oversee a team of Sr A/R Collectors engaged in Enterprise and Mid-Market customer management, daily collections, account reconciliations and reporting. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, capable of driving change, and be comfortable with the latest systems and technologies. You will be the key person to drive our collections process and manage Samsara’s accounts receivable. This person should also thrive in partnering with other departments and be extremely customer focused. This position reports to the Senior Director, Order to Cash and will be working closely with the management team within Order-to-Cash.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of accounts receivable collectors through OKRs, KPIs and clear SLAs
- Develop a customer centric approach to collections for enterprise and strategic customers and partnerships, lead customer outreach and training to their accounts payable departments when necessary
- KPI analysis & reporting to senior management
- Forecast cash collections accurately and work with customers to obtain clear payment schedules
- Work closely with 3rd party financing partners to make the customer’s experience smooth with the partner as well as appropriately receive on-time payments
- Collaborate with month end close procedures and audit requests
- Collaborate effectively and positively with Sales, Operations and Finance teams across Samsara
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Expert in excel, able to quickly manipulate and analyze data to facilitate decisions
An ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years’ experience in a Credit or Collections management role
- 2+ years’ experience in a people management role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Finance or Accounting
- Detail-oriented, high-energy, positive disposition and excellent communications skills
- Stellar Customer Service Skills - ability to problem solve customer issues to resolution
- Strong accounting background, experience with receivables accounting and SOX requirements
- Focused on teamwork and collaboration
- Experience with large customer interaction volume
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite, Order to Cash automation software, Salesforce and Tableau preferred
- Experience in a SaaS/Subscription based business
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.