Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Our Enterprise Sales team is growing rapidly and we are looking for an aspiring business leader to join the team as a Manager of Sales Operations supporting our North America Enterprise Sales team. In this high-visibility role, you will act as a business advisor to Sales leadership. You will cover core areas such as reporting and analytics on sales performance, providing insights supporting accurate forecasting, and working cross-functionally across the organization to support core efforts like territory carving and annual planning. You must be an excellent problem solver, thrive in high-velocity environments and possess the acute business judgment and analytical skills needed to collaborate with a variety of people and job functions to ultimately ensure the repeatability and scalability of our Enterprise GTM motion.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Be a thought partner to the Enterprise Sales leadership team and be a subject matter expert within the Sales Operations team
- Report and analyze key metrics to understand Sales bookings and pipeline performance
- Create and maintain Enterprise territories / books of business to support headcount growth and strategic planning while regularly driving improvements to process
- Assist Enterprise sales leaders with accurate forecasting
- Identify key opportunities for improvement through analytics, qualitative insights and cross-functional partnership
- Support planning, headcount, and quota setting processes
- Drive cross functional partnerships to solve business problems and address key growth opportunities
- Help Enterprise sales leaders solve complex issues to win business and close transactions with customer obsession at the core
- Become an extension of Enterprise Sales leadership to represent Enterprise Sales organization on key projects that will help the org scale and operate more efficiently.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new office
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of work experience, 2+ years of Sales Operations experience at a high-growth technology company or in a relevant role such as Strategy and Sales
- Experience working with strategy & direction for 100+ person sales orgs
- Experience working with senior and executive leadership
- Advanced analysis skills: expertise working with large and unstructured data sets and building complex models. Deep understanding of Excel or equivalent analytical tools is a requirement, experience with SQL a plus
- Significant experience with Salesforce, specifically Salesforce reporting, as well as experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to navigate through and communicate complex ideas effectively - verbally, in writing, and presentations
- Advanced decision-making skills, including ability to be proactive and adapt quickly
- Ability to thrive in an action-oriented, fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.