Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented accountant to support our office in Mexico. This person will be working on write-offs and deactivations and working with our customers to seamlessly manage their accounts.
In this role, you will:
- Be assigned a collection portfolio with a large volume of accounts
- Process customer payments
- Review failed credit card payments daily and contact customers to update payment methods
- Manage customer cases and respond to customer emails and questions
- Work with customers on final payment resolution prior to deactivation
- Submit customer deactivation requests for approval
- Generate reports including write-off and delinquency statistics along with month-end close reporting
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in client management, consulting, and/or strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with working in the Collections/Order to Cash field
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Ability to connect with relevant teams and colleagues seamlessly and proactively
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data
- Strong analytical skills
An ideal candidate also has:
- NetSuite and Salesforce knowledge
- Stripe knowledge
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.