Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About this role:
You will be part of the corporate systems team that is responsible for the design, development, support, maintenance and enhancements of the Xactly application, and related processes supporting the sales and finance organizations.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze complex business requirements relating to systems and/or processes. Develop and assist business partners with developing requirements, identifying gaps and translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Maintain, configure the Incentive Compensation and Commission Expense Accounting Systems (Xactly Incent and Xactly CEA).
- Support the day to day operation and use of Xactly, providing training, data management, ongoing support, solving problems and developing the system to support business strategies.
- Act as Solution architect for Xactly application, leading solution design while partnering with Sales Operations and Sales Commissions organizations.
- Develop technical solutions to requirements/issues; validate and communicate solutions to internal and external team members, test solutions and ensure it meets specifications.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales Compensation Team, IT, Sales Operations and Vendors to design, improve and implement the use and adoption of the compensation system (UI design, reporting, systems integrations), making use of formal tools and documentation (project plans, diagrams, charts, etc) in alignment with the company goals.
- Provide ongoing production support to the business community regarding application functionality and data integrity.
- Automate and Monitor data flows to and from Xactly platform to ensure all data integrity/accuracy.
- Test Solutions to ensure they meet the business requirements/specifications.
- Configure new compensation plans and perform QA testing. Provide solutions on comp design which meet company goals.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Technical Skills
- 5+ years of experience with the Xactly Product Suite including but not limited to Xactly Incent, Xactly Analytics, Xactly CEA, and Xactly Connect
- Experience with SQL and developing integrated solutions between systems
- Experience on Xactly Integration with external applications such as Salesforce, Adaptive, Netsuite, HR (Workday)
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles
- Business Acumen
- Deep understanding of end to end Sales Compensation processes & systems
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- Ability to work optimally in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely and ensure others are informed
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high quality manner
- Must be Detailed Oriented, Process & documentation oriented and act with urgency
An ideal candidate also has:
- Xactly Incent, Xactly Analytics & CEA Certification
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.