Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
In this role, you will work with the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting to complete all SEC financial reporting activities. You will also perform the accounting and reporting for the Company’s equity awards, and help drive initiatives to improve the Company’s external reporting process. You will work closely with the Accounting team and across the organization (Tax, Legal, Finance, Investor Relations), as well as with external auditors and consultants. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment, highly organized, and is comfortable problem-solving and building effective relationships across the Company.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in preparing and reviewing the Company’s SEC filings, including Form 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, and annual proxy statements, and ensuring appropriate iXBRL tagging of related content in Workiva.
- Prepare the Company’s consolidated financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, stockholders’ equity, and cash flows) and footnote disclosures, and ensure they are presented in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Gather supporting data, perform tie outs and analysis for SEC filings.
- Perform flux analyses to support the quarter-end close and drafting of the MD&A.
- Maintain the reporting calendar to inform stakeholders of necessary deadlines for the Form 10-Q/K and 8-K earnings compliance.
- Help proactively identify proper accounting and disclosure and assist in performing related research and documentation of such issues in accounting whitepapers; propose suitable disclosures and benchmark against industry standards.
- Assist in the management of the Company’s equity programs, including employee stock purchase plan, etc., specifically the accounting for stock-based compensation for compliance with ASC 718, including valuation and disclosures for external reporting.
- Work closely with external auditors to support the successful completion of SAS 100 quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Prepare presentations, including review and tie out, for executive management and Audit Committee.
- Identify and implement process improvements and controls.
- Provide training and support on Workiva SEC Reporting Solution.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 1 to 3 years of professional work experience in accounting and/or financial reporting, including at least 1 year of experience at a public company or public accounting firm
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles(GAAP) and accounting processes
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and work within strict deadlines
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, written/communication, and analytical skills
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Experience with Workiva SEC Reporting Solution and iXBRL review
- Bachelor’s degree required
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in tech and IPO
- Familiarity with SOX
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Schwab EquiView
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.