Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
You will be responsible for managing a team of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) helping accounts achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will benefit customers’ ongoing usage of Samsara. You will be responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements in team-level metrics and KPI’s, keeping up with new products and ongoing training and developing processes. As a senior leader you should have a great track record working with teams and translating complex technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a primary responsibility, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of Samsara’s products. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with managers and team members in multiple support locations to serve our customers. Your work will also be cross-functional in nature and will involve working cross-functionally with Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering, Sales, and Operations on a weekly basis.
In this role, you will:
- Directly manage a team of highly motivated TAMs that support the adoption and growth of Samsara products and services.
- Maintain a single-minded focus to ensure clients are extracting the most value out of their Samsara investment.
- Define, build and institutionalize best practices for continual improvement of processes and results. Ensure the necessary tools are in place to maximize impact and productivity of the team.
- Forge relationships with customers by developing a deep understanding of their Samsara implementation, share technical best practices, and act as a point of escalation for any customer issues to ensure they are resolved quickly.
- Develop relationships with key business stakeholders and become an expert on a customer’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities.
- Drive and lead Technical Health Reviews and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements specifics to customers’ business needs.
- Partner with Senior Leadership to establish goals and objectives around customer satisfaction, organization efficiency, and employee engagement.
- Produce reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to support team, other departments, and Senior Leadership.
- Review reports and operations to analyze the success of the TAM program and propose and execute approved initiatives.
- Recruit, develop and manage a best-in-class team of TAMs.
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in the areas of customer engagement and adoption of Samsara products.
- Work across leadership to set a vision of success, track performance metrics, and inspire results.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field of study
- 10+ years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Technical Account Management, Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture
- At least 5 years experience leading a team supporting Enterprise customers, providing direct oversight to engagement deliverables and overall health, as well as direct alignment to customer executive stakeholders
- Experience in dealing with large, complex, distributed systems.
- Experience with querying languages (e.g. SQL) and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Service, Marketing, Support), business applications, and automation.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Deep technical knowledge and implementation experience with with ELD related rules and regulations
- Understanding of fleet management, transportation, warehousing, and industrial site industries.
- Experience supporting both hardware and software solutions. Semiconductor knowledge is a plus.
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.