Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About this role:
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to the world of physical operations. On our journey to bring the Connected Operations Cloud to companies globally, we are looking to increase our investment in our EMEA region. As part of this investment, we are looking to hire the Director of People, EMEA.
Reporting to the VP, People in San Francisco, you’ll be a key figure on the EMEA leadership team. You will lead our EMEA people strategy, acting as an ambassador for our London office and other future European offices as we expand globally, leading and managing a regional-based people team.
Samsara’s cultural principles include Build for the Long Term, Run a Feedback Loop, and Adopt a Growth Mindset. The people leader of our EMEA region will exemplify these principles.
- Build for the Long Term:
- Vision & Employee Experience: Create a vision to shape programs and processes to design around professional “moments that matter” across the employee journey as we scale across the EMEA region.
- Organizational Design: Partner with Finance and Recruiting on resource planning and headcount management, organisational design, and talent planning.
- Scale Our Culture: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Challenge Yourself) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts: Drive best practices and outcomes for diversity & inclusion across the candidate & employee experience. Support initiatives that create a place where all can belong.
- Deliver Results:
- HR Expertise: Collaborate with and coach managers on people-related matters, such as organisational/team development, employee relations, etc.
- Advise and mentor employees of all levels on matters relating to work development, engagement, conflicts, and more.
- Cross-team collaboration: Work collaboratively with other People Partners to provide consistent and cohesive execution of HR programs such as performance management, DE&I initiatives, compensation/promotion cycles, and talent development. Regularly assess organisational climate, engagement, and efficiencies, and seek opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Execute global and local HR programs and processes (e.g., talent management, succession planning, performance management, development planning, compensation planning)
- Lead local on-boarding and off-boarding programs for the EMEA region
- Build a world-class people team:
- Team Growth and Development: Hire, develop, and lead a high performing People Ops / Employee Experience Team
- 15+ years experience in People Operations with a hyper growth business
- Strong and broad capability across HR proficiencies, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, compliance, coaching, organisational change, and program development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment law/compliance regulations for the UK (ideally also wider EMEA region and APAC a bonus); proven track record of working with external partners to supplement your compliance knowledge/execution.
- Passionate and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout all people programs
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.