Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
Samsara’s Internet of Things solution – which includes fleet technologies ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization to AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, helping them improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of their operations.
Samsara is hiring a Supply Planner to oversee the hardware supply planning process. The Supply Planner will be responsible for developing and maintaining rolling 12-month production & capacity plans for each product and calculating the implications on financial liabilities and inventory level. This is a highly visible role that offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will improve customer service levels while minimizing inventory costs.
- Drive appropriate inventory to achieve company objectives on revenue and cost based on the demand plan.
- Provide actionable supplier production targets taking into account overall capacity and managing tradeoffs in the event of constraints.
- Maintain a long-term supply schedule/plan, highlighting risks and opportunities based on materials availability.
- Monitor monthly and weekly supply plans, providing insights into inventory levels at various distribution centers.
- Report performance to targets and communicate inventory risks (excess and shortage)
- Analyze, communicate, and monitor the impacts of supply changes to the Supply Chain and Operations teams.
- Evolve operating procedures for supply-demand process and business systems. Proactively drive operational improvements.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to clearly lay out assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to quickly synthesize information in a digestible format for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Attention to detail while never losing sight of the big picture.
- A proactive, positive approach to problem solving.
- Deals with ambiguity, changing priorities and business volatility.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, Salesforce, Tableau, Planning Systems (e.g. Adaptive); programming capabilities (SQL, Python) a plus.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, or Economics. MBA is a plus.
- 6+ years (or 4+ with Masters) of combined experience in consulting and supply chain planning, supply planning, material planning, or inventory management.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.