Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to launch and drive global go-to-market strategies for Samsara Webstore. Samsara Webstore is the e-commerce offering that helps customers buy Samara hardware and licenses in a self-serve manner. Samsara Webstore is a strategic initiative for the company and this person will be responsible for the end-to-end Go-To-Market strategy for Webstore. This Senior Product Marketing Manager will work closely with the product, growth, design and sales teams to build a world-class self-serve purchase experience for users across various industries and sizes. Additionally, this person will be responsible for delivering best-in-class campaigns, sales enablement programs, and growth initiatives for the Samsara Webstore.
In this job you will:
- Define and manage end-to-end GTM strategy for Webstore, including content, messaging, positioning, launch planning, sales enablement, and customer adoption.
- Solution Marketing: Work with other product marketers to craft cross-product narratives, solutions messaging, detailed use-case pages to elevate purchase experience on Webstore.
- Sales Enablement: Define and run sales enablement programs to make this new sales motion successful for the company.
- Content: Create product details and solutions pages. Work with brand and design teams to create content that drives exceptional user experiences. Build supporting content to fuel on-going Webstore campaigns.
- Customer Experience: Analyze customer lifecycle - first purchase, engagement, retention, LTV to drive efficiencies and process improvements for Webstore.
- Develop insights based on product usage data, voice of customer, campaign effectiveness, and industry trends and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible results.
- Drive creative, multi-channel marketing campaigns that resonate with internal and external audiences.
- Partner with growth, demand generation and customer marketing teams to execute and measure results.
- Global mindset ensuring projects scale for international audiences as we expand into new markets. Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (obsess over the customer, build for the long term, growth mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience in product marketing, growth marketing, product management, solutions marketing or go-to-market strategy.
- Ability to craft end-to-end digital experiences and understand its implications on the overall supply chain for Samsara Ability to synthesize and distill complex information into clear, concise messaging for different audiences.
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to manage competing priorities Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences (large and small) and are an expert at creating and editing everything from pithy emails to detailed launch plans to researched white-papers and more.
- Strong cross-functional leader – you have on-the-job experience managing and communicating complex projects with many stakeholders. Detail-oriented, yet can think big picture; analytical, yet creative; and a self-starter who is not afraid to execute and get in the weeds.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Mix of e-commerce and B2B marketing experience Experience in product management or product design Passion for delivering exceptional user experience High sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic to drive business outcomes
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs Experience conducting product, customer, and market research through focus groups, data analysis, etc
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.