Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
As a Sales Engineer at Samsara, you’d be part of a diverse group of technically minded folks working together to bring our unique connected operations technology to customers. Our daily customer engagements include conversations around logistics/supply chain management, fleet maintenance strategies, global asset management, machine control systems/diagnostics, system integration, and regulatory compliance. This means a successful SE at Samsara will develop a thorough understanding of IoT hardware and sensors, hands-on installation/deployment scenarios, carrier networks, cloud infrastructure, and third-party system integrations (via our open API) to ensure the proper technical solution is presented to our customers.
This role can be remote supporting EST or office based in Atlanta.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with sales executives to plan and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pains and requirements to proposed solutions
- Work in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Participate in IoT hardware deployment and installation with customers
- Setup and configure SaaS dashboard per customer requirements
- Deal heavily with mobile device management strategies and present the Samsara mobile app
- Champion and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) with every interaction as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years experience working with customers in a pre-sales, customer success, or customer/product support capacity
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Basic understanding of electrical and diagnostic systems
- Hands on experience and interest in working with one or more of the following: vehicles, machinery, robotics, or any other electrical systems
- Experience with the following concepts: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
Preferred requirements for this role:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Consistent track record selling complex technical solutions
- Understanding of vehicle diagnostic systems, including CAN bus and/or ECM data transfer
- Understanding of LAN/WAN architecture and network design supporting video streaming technology
- Work experience in software development using Java and/or Python, or related language
- Work experience building solutions leveraging Open API’s
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.