Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role
This position will play a key role in leading Samsara’s Treasury function with broad global responsibilities in the areas of treasury operations, liquidity planning, bank relationship management, process & system improvement, and financial controls. The Director of Treasury will play a key role that will work collaboratively on projects with other functions including Finance, Legal, Tax and IT to scale the Treasury infrastructure in a growing business while still responding quickly and diligently to day-to-day needs. They will serve as an integral part of maintaining positive relationships with banks and financial institutions and will also work closely with Finance’s executive management to ensure appropriate treasury financial systems are in place and functioning as intended.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role you will:
- Oversee our global cash management processes, including: funding strategies, banking operations, cash flows, foreign exchange management, and interest optimization
- Develop, update and monitor Treasury operational policies; oversee Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for Treasury operations and support audit requirements
- Provide strategic guidance in managing banking operations by managing float, liquidity, structuring, net cost of funding while optimizing reserves
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to implement best practices and automate key processes within Treasury
- Lead key strategic treasury projects – including streamlining treasury processes, controls, risk management, bank account structure and account rationalization, inter-company funding, payments
- Manage global banking projects and global banking relationship
- Lead, coordinate and oversee key global treasury/liquidity and risk management activities
- Manage investment of excess cash and determine short-term and long-term investment options with external investment managers, monitor portfolio performance, risk and compliance
- Formulate and execute hedging strategies to mitigate foreign exchange and interest rate risks
- Assist with capital market decisions as well as transactions
- Design, implement, and operate treasury operations processes, considering best practices and business needs
- Serve as primary liaison between A/P, A/R, Payroll, and the bank service providers
- Develop and maintain Treasury policies and procedures
- Participate in various process automation and Treasury system enhancement initiatives (including treasury system implementation)
- Risk Management: Leading Corporate Insurance Renewal, and pro-actively assessing Samsara’s corporate insurance needs with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Have a Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics or related discipline; CTP/CFA is a plus
- Have 10+ years progressive corporate treasury experience, including leading a Treasury function at a publicly traded company, with international exposure
- Have acute attention to details; strong business judgement and autonomy
- Have a ‘hands-on’ team player who is comfortable working on detailed transactions on an independent basis and coordinating input from others
- Must be a self-starter, take ownership of initiatives, possess strong prioritization and organization skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have highly effective verbal, written, and presentation skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly, accurately, and effectively with all levels of internal and external audiences
- Must be a team player adept at facilitating an open exchange of ideas and know how to build win/win relationships
- Have intellectual curiosity to seek knowledge and problem solve independently with minimal direct supervision
- Must be a critical thinker with attention to detail
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.