Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) integrations are the future of Samsara’s data collection for connected vehicles. Samsara integrates with industry-leading OEMs such as Ford, Volvo, Mack, International, John Deere, and Caterpillar, making it easy for fleet managers to manage vehicles and equipment with embedded telematics alongside Samsara’s aftermarket gateways, all in one unified platform. Our mission as the OEM team is to not only build turn-key customer-facing OEM integrations, but also to lay the foundation of data ingestion from data sources beyond Samsara’s aftermarket gateways.
As a senior full-stack engineer on the OEM team, you will lead the design and development of scaling our infrastructure to serve a future where the majority of new vehicles on Samsara’s platform will connect via integrations with third-party systems. You will work with the largest automotive & equipment manufacturers to build new integrations in our growing developer ecosystem. The infrastructure that you will architect will lay the foundation of high-traffic data ingestion from data sources beyond Samsara’s aftermarket gateways which will have impact across our other business divisions (e.g. Connected Equipment, Connected Sites), making your impact far-reaching.
We use Golang for our backend microservices and Typescript, React, and GraphQL for our web & mobile apps. Direct experience with these technologies is not required. This position can be office based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Architect the next generation data ingestion pipeline for our OEM integrations to support >10x the data throughput and volume
- Build customer-facing OEM integrations that ingest high-volumes of telematics data
- Lead technical discussions with teammates to identify gaps in our OEM integrations and influence roadmap by setting direction and recommending solutions
- Lead technical discussions with our OEM partners to collaboratively problem solve through customer painpoints or technical challenges
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to make design decisions and understand downstream implications in our product to ensure a seamless customer experience for all customers regardless if they use Samsara aftermarket gateways or OEM integrations
- Collaborate with other product and engineering teams to build out net-new complementary features with OEM telematics data
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Has 4+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Has experience authoring or working with high-volume APIs
- Has experience working on a production system that manages large amounts of data
- Has experience authoring or working on distributed, fault-tolerant systems
An ideal candidate also has:
- Has 8+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Has built production services using Golang
- Experience fostering collaboration and camaraderie in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers to think critically about the right problems to solve and to think about their systems/solutions (life cycles, edge cases, failure modes)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.