Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
As the Database Manager on Samsara’s Marketing Operations team you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills and help take our prospect and customer database to the next level. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues in Marketing, Sales, SalesOps, Customer Success, and Business Systems to make sure our database sparks joy for internal users and supports Samara’s journey to serve our next 20K customers!
Note: This role is 100% remote currently but will return to at least partially in office once it is safe to do so.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with internal and external teams to build a data cleansing and enrichment engine (including program management, progress tracking and communication, QAing to ensure standards are met, creating data workflows in Salesforce to ensure data is kept up to date, and running feedback loops to help us iterate and improve)
- Complete large scale data enrichment and manipulation projects using a variety of tools (e.g., sourcing, processing, and loading new account lists into Salesforce using spreadsheets, scripts, and/or tools like Dataloader)
- Run analysis on the health of our database, changes over time, and areas for further improvement (e.g., contact coverage analysis and expansion planning to advance audience segmentation efforts)
- Identify opportunities for automation and systems based solutions that address the root cause of issues, not just symptoms, and execute projects in these areas (e.g., improve deduplication logic based upon analysis of identified duplicates records, debug failed lead insertions and migrate all lead insertion processes to a single data pipeline)
- Become the resident expert and administrator for contact and account data enrichment tooling (e.g., Dun & Bradstreet Optimizer, ZoomInfo, Clearbit, account deduplication logic, lead insertion processes, etc.)
- Collaborate with fellow Marketing and Growth Operations team members on ad hoc analysis, brainstorming sessions, and projects - one team, one dream!
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Excited to learn new skills and work with a variety of people
- Bias for action - energized by checking things off your to-do list
Bonus skills (not required and training in role is available):
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Marketo is a plus
- Experience with SQL, python, and/or other data management tools is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.