Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who has built, operated, and grown modern marketing technology stacks. The ideal candidate would understand the technical details, but would also be able to architect systems for scale.
A successful applicant will be a self-starter who finds both collaborating cross-functionally and thinking critically through data problems equally compelling. We’re looking for a builder as well as an operator, someone who thinks strategically but can also execute, and can drive cross-functional decision making. This role will be part of the marketing leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Own database hygiene and optimization. Develop/execute the strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in data health
- Manage marketing operations processes, including lead management, database management, segmentation, multi-touch attribution models, etc.
- Support, enable, and automate campaigns for the Field Marketing and Campaigns teams including program support, workflow set-up, process documentation, and reporting
- Work closely with our Business Systems team to build new functionalities and identify, troubleshoot, and correct any issues
- Enable our Account Development team by working closely with Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, and Campaigns to automate and simplify as many processes as possible, increasing their efficiency while providing a coherent messaging and customer experience
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of all Marketing Analytics, including all the necessary systems (UTM parameters, attribution, data lake, etc.)
- Responsible for enabling all marketing teams with dashboards and analytics
- Work closely with FP&A, Marketing leadership, and Business Operations to forecast budgets, set goals, and help define the company’s strategy
- Responsible for the global strategy and implementation of all marketing technology tools
- Accountable for the deployment, support, and scale of all the marketing tools, including Marketo, Salesforce, and all others in our tech stack
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5+ years of experience working in a Marketing Operations/Automation role
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience working in Marketo, Salesforce, and marketing databases
- Experience using BI tools like Tableau
- Strong problem-solving skills, organized and data-oriented with great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and cross-team collaboration
- Excellent planning, execution, time management, and project management skills
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing data infrastructure systems (data lakehouse, etc) is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.