Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
Samsara is looking for a Benefits & Global Mobility Specialist to join our People Operations team! In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert and employee resource for all things related to leave of absence, global mobility, and immigration. You will provide support for the day to day administration of our global benefits and compliance programs. You will participate in the design and implementation of our global mobility, immigration, disability, and absence management programs in the U.S. and internationally, serving as the liaison with global vendors.
You believe that you can tackle anything that comes your way. You have a strong desire to create innovative, compelling programs in a fast-paced environment. You’re organized, self-motivated and results oriented. You're willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. You're excited to join a team where you can make a huge impact. You thrive in fun, friendly, fast-paced environments.You have a passion for all things People Ops / HR and are looking for a role with lots of exposure and growth opportunity.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Immigration: Own administration and provide support for employee and candidate immigration questions and needs.
- Leave of Absence: Regularly assess innovative practices and trends in employee leave and time-off benefits and recommend new approaches to allow us to remain competitive, specifically in the high-growth tech industry. Partner closely with our leave admin vendor and payroll team to ensure accurate processing of pay for employees on leave.
- Global Mobility: Assist in design and own the execution of global mobility and immigration programs supporting short- and long-term transfers, assignments, and domestic or international relocation.
- Benefits: Provide support for Benefits Administration including enrollments, invoicing, reconciliations, process documentation, employee communications, COBRA administration, vendor management, and open enrollment.
- Employee Support: Develop program communications and resource materials to increase employee understanding and engagement of programs with a key focus on continued process improvement.
- Special Projects: Assist other People Operations staff with special projects on an as needed basis.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years experience in HR; specifically focused on mobility, immigration, leave management and/or benefits
- Knowledge of government regulations and filing and compliance requirements affecting benefit programs, including ERISA, USERRA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, DOL and ACA requirements
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, juggling multiple tasks and projects at the same time, with tight turnaround times
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.