Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join our Platform Operations team. This position can be office based or fully remote.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on full-stack at Samsara, you will lead the design and development of features across a broad surface area driving impact to current and future customers. You’ll own and coordinate solving engineering challenges ranging from architecting data structures for mass data collection to presenting data analytics in intuitive and performant ways on web.
On our Platform Operations team, we focus on :
- Ensuring our customers can see their account management data in the Samsara dashboard. This includes information such as what devices they’ve purchased and what outstanding payments they have.
- The entire lifecycle from purchasing a Samara device, activating it to the cloud, and if need be, returning a device.
- Making sure we have a scalable and intuitive framework for how to gate features and functionality based off of the type of devices a customer has purchased
As a result, this team works very closely with many different stakeholders inside the company. If you enjoy working with people from many different teams, such as Support, Finance, Accounting, Product, and more, this team is for you!
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and Python and SparkSQL for our data pipeline flows. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
In this role, you will:
- Develop data pipelines in Python and/or Go to help us ingest financial operation and account management data into data stores such as S3 or MySQL
- Build dynamic front ends in React in order to visualize customer financial data
- Work with other engineering teams on how to build the best Go library for how to gate access to data and sections of the product based on purchased devices
- Work closely with Finance, Product, and Support to integrate data from other systems into the Samsara Cloud
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise software applications
An ideal candidate also has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong programming skills in Go, Python, and SQL
- Familiarity with front end frameworks such as React and Redux
- AWS knowledge and expertise
- Experience dealing with account management data and integrating with third party applications such as Salesforce or Netsuite
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.