Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s Hardware Product Managers are responsible for the end-to-end success of our IoT devices and the corresponding firmware capabilities they require. Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
We’re looking for a Senior PM focused on Fleet Safety to oversee our portfolio of camera-based hardware products. This highly visible role will require you to gain a deep appreciation for our customer’s challenges, prioritize and deliver a multi-year roadmap of devices and accessories, collaborate across multiple product and engineering teams to launch new products, and continuously optimize those in the field to achieve best-in-class performance.
Success will require a blend of customer empathy, strategic analysis, technical knowhow, and effective teamwork as you help expand the reach of our hardware platform to customers across the globe. This position can be office based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Define vision and strategy of our fleet safety camera hardware product lines
- Interpret customer feedback, research market trends, and solicit inputs across product teams to prioritize and communicate a multi-year roadmap for devices and firmware
- Balance technical trade-offs such as compute, storage, form factor and AI vision capabilities to deliver winning solutions that meet customer needs
- Represent the customer throughout the hardware development lifecycle and partner with technical teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Mentor early-career Product Managers
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3-7+ years in a product management role in a product management role for hardware products
- Experience launching, optimizing, and growing adoption of devices and firmware-based products, preferably at large scale
- Technical fluency and familiarity with hardware and embedded systems development processes. Can establish credibility with engineers and is willing to get hands-on.
- Familiarity with camera-based products, telematics, cellular connected devices, GPS systems, and/or automotive ADAS and safety systems is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical fields. MS, PhD, and/or MBA is a plus
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- Familiarity with B2B sales processes is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.