Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Site Visibility is Samsara’s newest product line, focusing on a computer vision-powered site visibility solution for industrial, warehousing, and office environments. Our mission is to drastically improve workplace safety and operations by providing powerful insights into what is happening across entire facilities, helping prevent injuries and uphold safety guidelines. Our first product is an ML-enhanced video recording device that stores camera footage, runs the footage through deep learning models, and allows users to view video camera streams and ML insights via a cloud dashboard and mobile application. In the future, we may launch entirely new products and grow these new businesses from the ground up.
As a senior full-stack engineer on Site Visibility, you will lead the development of full-stack features that significantly impact our users and the growth of our business. Given Samsara’s track record of explosive growth, we expect to grow quickly; as a technical leader on the team, you will drive the design and development of end-to-end features that are core to the product experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team and have a large impact across different sides of the business as it grows quickly to meet customer demand. As an early engineer on the team, you will have a massive impact on our product’s success. This position can be office based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Build reporting and search features to explore live and historical video data and events across either web (React) or mobile (React Native)
- Collaborate with our vision team to develop an interactive motion detection thresholding system
- Architect entirely new functionality for site mapping and floor plan management
- Collaborate with our firmware team to build out automated camera discovery and remote configuration features
- Search features in the web application and mobile application
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Has 4+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Is interested in working on an early stage product
- Is excited to own and build out new features end-to-end
- Enjoys working collaboratively with developers of different focuses (infra, firmware, vision, etc)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working with React or Typescript
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.