Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We’re searching for ambitious, entrepreneurial leaders with a passion for accelerating the successful adoption of our products. The Manager of Technical Solutions is a critical member of the post-sale Customer Success team with a focus on our top strategic accounts. This role manages a high-performing teams of Technical Solutions Engineers, who are the trusted technical advisors for our customers during deployment. This position also works across multiple customer teams and with Samsara Sales, Product Management, Support, and Executive Leadership.
This role is primarily based in San Francisco, with travel opportunities to visit customers on-site.
Manager, Technical Solutions will work on:
- Define and execute long-term strategies for the Technical Solutions team that support Samsara’s commitment to providing excellent service -- and then scaling it
- Partner with sales leaders for enablement, deal management, and positioning of the Technical Solutions team
- Manage pipeline and forecasting of Enterprise technical resource needs and opportunities
- Ensure team is on track, on budget, and delivering high quality work to our largest customers -- and proactively stepping in to right the ship if needed
- Find and grow the next generation of Enterprise technical customer champions at Samsara
- Manage a robust and fully-enabled Technical Solutions team that can respond independently and nimbly to every critical technical customer issue during implementation
- Keep executives informed of progress and advocate for change when needed
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in system, support, or software engineering; 3+ years in a management or leadership position
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale robust integration and API architecture and solutions
- Experience working with Enterprise level customers
- You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones in the face of an ever-evolving product, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture solutions
- Dedication to continuous improvement. You love to build and tinker, and you use it to creatively problem-solve with customers on their most technical challenges. And you understand the balance of shipping fast but maintaining quality when supporting large-scale Enterprise deployments.
- Clear leadership presence that translates across all communication channels -- in person, over video, and in writing
- Strong track record of mentoring and building technical teams from scratch -- and retaining talent
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.