Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers, so our vehicle diagnostics support team will need to be smart and flexible enough to support many different types of vehicles and customer needs. In a typical day, you may go from assessing on-board diagnostics of a modern day electric vehicle to helping a customer improve their safety and operations outcomes with their heavy-duty truck fleet.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis to home automation, building gaming computers, tinkering with cars and even theater lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
The Customer Support Engineer - Vehicle Diagnostics will work on:
- Research vehicle diagnostics specifications and validating findings with in-field vehicle tests
- Work closely with product and engineering in assessing fleet-wide vehicle diagnostics needs
- Lead diagnostics field-tests with customers as necessary
- Maintain a diagnostics ticket queue and responding to requests in a helpful and timely manner
- Create and maintaining customer-facing knowledge base articles
- Serve as a subject matter expert and educator to our global customer support team
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- A College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in technical support or engineering-related role
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a strong plus
- Able to work flexible hours - nights and weekends a plus
- 25% travel to visit customers and conduct in-field vehicle testing
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.