Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux -based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. We are passionate about solving new customer challenges and expanding our portfolio of available offerings. Samsara’s Industrial Team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. The Samsara Industrial sales and implementation motion is heavily dependent on our Channel Partners, for sales through design and implementation. The Channel SE role will be focused on building the technical foundations on which these partnerships are built. This position is based in our SF HQ.
As a Channel Sales Engineer on the Industrial Team you will:
- Become an expert on Samsara’s industrial products and how best to deploy and adapt them for a variety of customer/partner challenges
- Engage daily a variety of partners across industries to discover and understand their challenges and apply Samsara solutions to solve them
- Experiment with and test new and potential products to understand their advantages, limitations, and deployment requirements
- Visit partners/customer sites and install equipment in manufacturing spaces while engaging partner stakeholders
- Provide feedback to Product Management on what works and what doesn’t about new products, and the nuances of customer operations
- Own and drive relationships with operational audiences of all kinds — from SCADA engineers to partner CTO’s — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Work on a small, focused team growing a new business, 20 feet from our co-founders, Product Management, Sales, and Engineering
An ideal candidate:
- Experience with hands-on / tinkering work that reflects an ability to install industrial solutions side-by-side with customers when required
- Great communication skills who can demonstrate complex or technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience speaking with and engaging Systems Integrators/VAR’s to understand problems and customer business challenges (enterprise customers is preferred)
- Ability to find and explore new technical products and concepts in order to understand potential technical solutions and customer opportunities
- Sensitive to sales cycle and able to handle challenging customer situations.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and industrial automation systems
- .NET (C#) programming experience is desired
- B.S. degree, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and factory automation
- Knowledge of industrial controls, networking and communications protocols
- Minimum 1+ year of experience working within the I.4 industry and customers
- Willing to travel 20-30% for on-site customer installations/partner engagements
- Previous hands-on experience with customer/partner evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record of deploying and working with technical products
- Install trial systems to demonstrate to partners that Samsara's equipment works as expected
- Demonstrated ability to work on technical, hands-on projects that reflect craftsmanship, detail-orientation, basic electrical knowledge, and ability to troubleshoot
- Perform on-site post-sales installation support and training as necessary
In your first week, you'll:
- Attend a variety of different onboarding sessions, where you'll: receive a thorough introduction to our leadership team. be immersed in our product offerings and meet our CEO, Sanjit Biswas, in a "Samsara 101" class
- Meet your team and fellow new hire cohort
- Shadow cold-calls, product demos, etc.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.