Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Through unique integration of sensor data such as GPS, acceleration, temperature, video, and more, we enable our customers to gain greater insights into operations, identify and eliminate inefficiencies, and react to alerts all in near real-time.
We use Golang for our linux-based gateways and backend services, Google protocol buffers to structure data and various AWS technologies to process and store data. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
The Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Systems will work on:
- Developing an unsafe driving detection algorithm based on accelerometer and vehicle data.
- Capturing and filtering down to the most meaningful data (video, GPS, etc.) on a system with storage, power, and bandwidth constraints.
- Structuring recorded data to allow efficient analysis on our backend systems
- Building out a service that ingests or processes data ingested from our distributed devices
- Championing, role modelling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with systems that have resource and connectivity constraints (eg: Mobile apps, IoT firmware)
- Have worked with critical systems (eg: Data pipeline ingestion)
- Be excited to learn about: sensors (accelerometer, IR, GPS), protocols (BLE, NFC, CAN), backend services (S3, Docker, DB), and customer industries.
- Thrive in an environment that encourages rapid deployment and product iteration based on customer feedback.
- Evaluate how decisions at each layer of the stack affect other layers and the customer experience.
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.