Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Payroll Manager interested in getting involved in the early stages of an IoT tech startup. Our ideal candidate has experience in a fast-growing startup environment, experienced in ADP Workforce Now and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate exhibits a high attention to detail as well as strong collaborative and communication skills across the organization, as well as to external relationships.
As the Payroll Manager for Samsara, you will be responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll and managing expense reports for employees. You will also be assisting with employee medical, LOA, Worker’s Compensation claims and answering any related employee questions. This is a full time onsite position at our office in the San Francisco office as part of the Finance team, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Processing payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees and 1099 vendors on a semi-monthly basis
- Processing international payroll
- On-boarding and off-boarding employees from payroll and expense reimbursement systems as needed
- Reviewing, classifying and approving expense reimbursement forms. Ensuring expenses adhere to expense policy and appropriate approvals were obtained.
- Maintaining time sheets approval policies to ensure accuracy for payroll processing
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Processing employment verification requests in a timely manner
- Performing various journal entries, account reconciliations, and providing general ledger support
- Maintaining current knowledge and compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Processing 401(k) submission for every pay period
- Coordinating audits for Form 5500, and any other payroll/benefit related audit
- Processing and distributing W2s and 1099s annually
- Coordinating the annual open enrollment period for all employees (collaboration with the HR Team)
- Facilitating management and employee understanding of payroll/benefits procedures
- Assisting in other ad-hoc duties as and when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience managing payroll and employee benefits in multiple US states
- Extensive knowledge of ADP (WorkforceNow)
- Proficient in MS Office (Strong Excel Skills)
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Outstanding work ethic and passionate about helping and serving others
- Supporting of team members and establishing healthy/collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in a changing environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.