Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Industrial Team is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. As part of delivering new product lines to new markets, the Industrial Team discovers and identifies customer challenges every day and structures solutions and product iterations to meet those challenges. This position is based in our SF HQ.
The Applications Engineer -Industry 4.0 will work on:
- Experiment with and test new and potential products to understand their advantages, limitations, and deployment requirements
- Become an expert on Samsara’s industrial products and how best to deploy and adapt them for a variety of customer challenges
- Engage daily a variety of customers across industries to discover and understand their challenges and apply Samsara solutions to solve them
- Visit customers and install equipment in manufacturing spaces while engaging customer stakeholders
- Provide feedback to Product Management on what works and what doesn’t about new products, and the nuances of customer operations
- Own and drive relationships with operational audiences of all kinds — from SCADA engineers to plant managers — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Work on a small, focused team growing a new business, 20 feet from our co-founders,
- Product Management, Sales, and Engineering
- Install trial systems to demonstrate to customers that Samsara's equipment works as expected
- Perform on-site post-sales installation support and training as necessary
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum 1+ year of experience working within the I.4 industry and customers
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and factory automation
- Knowledge of industrial controls, networking and communications protocols
- Experience with hands-on / tinkering work that reflects an ability to install industrial solutions side-by-side with customers
- Great communication skills who can demonstrate complex or technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to find and explore new technical products and concepts in order to understand potential technical solutions and customer opportunities
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and industrial automation systems
- .NET (C#) programming experience is desired
- B.S. degree, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of optics and lighting for machine vision is required
- Willing to travel 20-30% for on-site customer installations
- Demonstrated ability to work on technical, hands-on projects that reflect craftsmanship, detail-orientation, basic electrical knowledge, and ability to troubleshoot
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.