The EMEA Credit Analyst position is a unique role to create strong processes to assess customers’ credit, both initially and ongoing, process credit applications, and manage credit decision-making processes for our business. This includes all activities relating to interpreting commercial credit reports, dispute identification and analysis, contract review/management, and reporting to various levels of upper management as well as interfacing daily with internal and external customers. You are key to ensuring the success of Samsara’s cash conversion cycle.
Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This is a full-time position at our office in London, and includes stock options, medical, dental, and a competitive package
- Review financial statements using financial ratios, analysing cash flow, leverage and liquidity of customers in order to facilitate customer financing and the sales cycle
- Working independently, perform vigorous collection activity on past due accounts within generally defined credit policies and procedures through extensive telephone, email, fax, written, and face-to-face communication
- Evaluate creditworthiness of current and new customers and establishes credit limits based on analysis of trade reporting, internal data, and other data available within policies and authorisation levels set by management
- Utilise basic credit analysis skills to interpret all information prior to extending, increasing, or denying credit availability (unusual situations are referred to a senior credit professional, credit risk analyst, or management team)
- Partner with customers and internal clients to resolve delinquent and disputed accounts for assigned Accounts Receivable portfolios
- Assisting the accounting team with customer account reconciliations
- Assisting the EMEA Finance team when necessary to ensure customer invoices are despatch on a timely manner
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as required.
- Other projects and tasks which may arise from time to time
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Knowledge of credit and collection policies and principles
- Previous business-to-business collections experience highly preferred
- Salesforce, Creditsafe, DNBi and/or Netsuite experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and analytical skills
- Solid organisational and short-term planning skills
- Must be flexible in their approach
- Professional, positive, and tactful demeanour with clients and customers
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.