Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
As a software engineer focusing on Computer Vision at Samsara, you will design and develop the core computer vision algorithms and image processing pipeline for our machine vision camera product. You will work on a small team to identify customer pain points and vision-related use cases, and then implement solutions to solve customer problems. Sample areas of work include text recognition (using OCR or training-based approaches), edge fixturing, feature detection and matching, and contour detection (to name a few).
The Senior Software Engineer - Applied Computer Vision will work on:
- Leveraging OCR or text-training based approaches to validate text on printed labels and packages in various verticals across manufacturing and production.
- Evaluating, analyzing and optimizing system resources related to image processing and computer vision.
- Applying advanced machine learning techniques to deliver best-in-class vision capabilities for our machine vision applications.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert level understanding and practical experience with applying computer vision algorithms to solve product use cases.
- Strong programming/coding skills in at least one general purpose language.
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV.
An ideal candidate would:
- Be proficient in Python, C/C++, or Go.
- Enjoy reading the latest academic papers in computer vision and machine learning.
- Understand and have implemented seminal computer vision algorithms at production scale.
- Have strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate across engineering teams.
- Have a fundamental understanding of machine learning techniques, especially as they relate to vision oriented problems.
- Regularly ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- Be excited about the possibility of leveraging cameras and applying vision related techniques to transform the Industrial and Manufacturing space.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.