Are you looking to help lead one of the fastest growing startups in history? Samsara is an Internet of Things company valued at over $3B and growing at over 250% annually. We are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial person to help drive our product manufacturability, quality, and reliability.
Samsara’s Senior Manager of NPI Engineering is responsible for driving Samsara’s 3rd party manufacturing partners to ramp high-quality, well-validated new products. The individual will manage key new product planning & operations for pre-production builds from prototype through production. The NPI Engineering team will own the manufacturing process, NPI operations, PLM and quality processes across Samsara’s portfolio of Industrial IoT products
- Lead and develop high-performance manufacturing design and quality teams in execution of new programs by following NPI product development and quality process
- Establish new product and sustaining quality control standards & process controls with Samsara engineer(s), ensure strong implementation & ongoing execution by JDM manufacturing partners
- Responsible for NPI and Quality OKRs
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish transition from design validation to production validation and mass production. Establish deliverables and handoffs.
- Communicate project readiness, track major risks & corrective actions, & creatively problem solve issues that arrive during builds & production ramp
- Develop best manufacturing principles with the goal of highest quality that meets schedule and cost.
- Collaborate with JDMs & Samsara engineers to developing & implement manufacturing process & testing flow, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules & validation plans
- Communicate the company's quality system to internal stakeholders (Hardware, Product management, firmware and customer support) and drive improvements
- Support reliability engineering validation process with Samsara engineers & manufacturers
- Develop robust processes for analyzing field failures & implementing corrective actions with engineering or factory process team(s)
- 10+ yrs of experience in manufacturing product or NPI Engineering in high volume electronics manufacturing lines with people management and leadership experience
- Proven track record of effective 3rd party (JDM) communication & oversight
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Background in hardware development of networking equipment and/or in high volume manufacturing of electronic products
- Self motivated, proactive, creative & critical problem solving capabilities
- Ability to support international travel for build events
BS or MS degree in Engineering required, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. MBA a plus.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.